About a year ago I did a video “Cheap Water Purification” on a method of treating water that was inexpensive, effective, simple, reliable, and chemical free. This method was developed by the Swiss group eawag and was primarily designed for use in third world countries where a principal cause of death was related to water contamination. Over the years this has been incredibly well received and where people have been properly trained and they follow the program, sickness and death rates have declined drastically. Currently millions around the world have made their lives better by
- PET plastic bottles, clear, labels removed, free of scratches and no larger than three liters in volume. I recommend keeping it at two liters just to be sure (less than 4″ diameter). These are the bottles typically used for bottled water, and soda. Look on the bottom to determine if a bottle is PET.
- Reasonably clear water, you may have to strain it to make the water transparent enough. You should easily be able to read a newspaper headline through the bottle of water.
- Six hours of sunshine
- No chemicals needed
- No filter cartridges needed
- No fuel for stoves or fires to boil water is needed
- PET bottles are everywhere just save the ones you use already
- Virtually unlimited number of gallons can be made usable